12/27/2010

White Christmas

For the first time in my 22 years, we had a white Christmas. I really hate cold weather, and snow, but it is so pretty. I hoped that the weathermen would be wrong, and that it would bypass us somehow. Saturday morning, mom woke me up opening my curtain to tell me there was a blanket of snow on everything. My reaction, "You have got to be freakin' kidding me." She wasn't. It was flat out beautiful though.

Saturday morning we opened gifts at home. After a little bit of playing and cleaning, we got ready to go to my grandmother's for breakfast. The roads were so bad, that my cousin who lives in Nashville was too afraid to risk the drive. My uncle from Birmingham went ahead and took on the slushy roads, and made it safe. We ate and opened gifts. Then, Miss Hannah Grace was ready to go outside and play in the snow. They built a big snowman, and a Little Hannah Grace snowman haha! It was really cute, and she really enjoyed it. And now, for some pictures:


I love snow-covered Cedar trees!







You can barely see the road! 



Almost 5 inches, and we ended with 5 1/2 inches



My Brother and I



It's knee deep on the poor girl!!



She kept saying, "I sit down in the snow, Mommy."



The West snowman and Hannah Grace



The gifts I received this year were so wonderful! I am so grateful to have such a wonderful, caring, and loving family.


  • Houndstooth scarf
  • Suede gloves
  • Itunes card (brother)
  • Wool coat
  • Alice In Wonderland DVD (brother)
  • Vest with a fur hood 
  • A book called, "Your First Year of Teaching"  I can't get my nose out of it!!
  • I had to share this picture! Inside this was full of candy! All my favorites :)
 Love the stocking!! I got it at work for really, really cheap. Roll Tide!


  • An Alabama 2011 Calendar (Grandma)
  • Socks (Grandma)
  • Some money (Grandma)
  • Rue21 gift card (my cousin)
 The day after Christmas, there was enough snow to go sledding. It was so cold, and the wind had picked up, so that wasn't helping. We only got to stay out for about an hour. It was so much fun though. We haven't been sledding in about 10 years, maybe longer.








Travis






Chad







 
Me






 
Dad




So this Christmas was pretty awesome. The snow is still here today, but not as much. Hopefully the roads will be cleared enough for me to go to work tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! So glad that you had such a wonderful Christmas. LOVE the houndstooth scarf!!

Heather said...

Thanks! I hope you had a great Christmas too!