3/27/2011

Not Such A Weekend

Since I started going to school two days a week, I have not had a weekend. Most people that work or go to school get a 2-day weekend, Saturday and Sunday. My weekends consist of Sunday. Last weekend, I was able to be off Saturday and Sunday because we had Spring Break, and I didn't have any classes. Boy did I take advantage of that! I slept in both days, and just relaxed. But, that just went by way too fast. Before I was ready, Monday was back, and I found myself back in class. No more 2-day weekends for me until May!
This past week has been terrible.....

A week ago Friday, I started coughing, sneezing, and overall feeling bad thanks to my allergies. Before I complain, I must say that I am super happy that Spring is finally here!! Anywho, back to feeling bad.....
It started progressing, and on Wednesday I woke up with my chest hurting and super tight feeling. I was struggling to breathe. I went on to work, and was breathing like I had ran a marathon! I went to the doctor, and the doctor said, "Are you really struggling to breathe just sitting here?" Yes sir! Huffing and Puffing. As he finished listening to my lungs, he also added, "Hmmm....sounds like you are starting to get pneumonia." I added that I had it once before, and that made him think it even more so.

My end result.......
  • 2 shots.....one being my very first Rocephine shot which I have heard horror stories about!! I must add it hurt like crazy, and the muscle is still sore today.
  • One breathing treatment which was wonderful. It's amazing what that "fog" does. 
  • An X-ray which came back clear! Luckily no hospital for me!!
  • A strong antibiotic that is killing this infection super fast. My cough is now productive!
 So yeah, yesterday I was so flippin' tired that I slept for the longest time. Today has been full of homework....Haha what else is new!!?? I'm just thankful that I am back to being productive rather than a zombie, and I didn't have to spend some time in a hospital bed. Continuing to count down the weeks of ending this semester, I am now down to........

6 weeks

4 comments:

Faith said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! Hang in there, sister! You're beating the sickness, spring is finally here, and you only have six week left in the semester! I'd say things are definitely on the upswing!! :)

britts busy days said...

oh goodness,girl! i hope you get better quick!

i feel ya on never getting a 2 day weekend! rest when, and as often, you can

Kayleigh said...

pneumonia sucks! Hope it gets better soon!