It's been almost a year since I've added something to my story. What can I say, I became a little busy. The last time I wrote, I ended my temporary teaching job, and was concentrating on wedding details.
Here we go.....
The day before the wedding, we were planning to decorate and go through the wedding very quickly. It was around lunch time when I arrived to our new home to finish some decorating and fixing. Right about the time I got there, Jeffery had stepped in a hole and hurt his knee. I didn't think it was a big deal, but it was. So much a big deal that he was on crutches. He refused to postpone the wedding, and made it fine on crutches. Decorating went great, and we were ready for the big day.
Wedding day started at 8 am with hair for my mom and I. We then headed to the church to get ready and take pictures. We started pictures around 12 I believe, and started with "first glance". Once we finished, we waited. The wedding was perfect for me, and went exactly the way I hoped it would.
We went to Gatlinburg for our honeymoon, but was limited on our plans due to his crutches. He was a good trooper though, as we walked the outlet mall! Overall, we had a good time. We had to be back Monday afternoon for a doctor's appointment for his knee.
When we got to his appointment, they took an xray. He also had an MRI done and he had a slight tear of his meniscus, and it was also flipped. A couple weeks later, he had surgery. Our first big hurdle happened after a couple weeks of marriage! He did good, and is doing fine now.
I started working as the After School Coordinator for the city in November. I do that and sub in the city. I stay very busy and really enjoy the job. I have to monitor 3 elementary schools. I'm hoping this helps me get a permanent teaching position soon!
There's what's going on up to today. Hopefully I'll do better about updating from here on out.
No comments:
Post a Comment