My biggest assignment, that took all semester to work on, is finally completed and turned in. I feel a party coming on. Celebration! Forget about that assignment and move on! Finally. For Children's Literature, we had to do a book project. We had to read 36 books, and do a summary and critique them. I bet you are thinking, "36 books isn't too bad." Well, here is the catch, it has to be of a certain category. I read chapter books, picture books, and informational books. I am tired of books, books, books!! We did historical fiction, realistic fiction, series, and others. It was crazy, but lesson learned. I understand a lot more about literature than I used to.
Out of all the Charlie Brown shows, the Christmas one is by far my favorite. It is really funny, and they tell the true meaning of Christmas. I love the music to Charlie Brown too. Christmas music in general is great. It just doesn't seem like Christmas to me, and I don't know what it is going to take. Christmas lights are on everyone's houses, trees are up, and it is December. I guess because I'm at the age where I don't want anything, gift wise, for Christmas.
We had a discussion at the brunch table Sunday, by the way, this is the only time everyone eats together at my house. Sunday afternoons. That is all. How sad!! Anyways, we were having a discussion about gifts. How I don't see the part about keeping it a secret, and as long as we have our family, why have gifts too. Trav, who is sitting beside me, gives me the most, "What???" look ever. His looks are priceless. Anyways, I asked him if he wanted to know what I was planning to get him, and he said no, he liked the suspense. I remember when I liked the suspense. I told him that feeling would be gone in about a year. It is funny how we are a certain way one year, and totally different the next. Looking back on it, I think about how much I have changed, and Trav too. Even Chad. It is just amazing to me to see change.
Today was my first time subbing! It just so happened that someone needed a sub on my off day. I jumped on it of course! I subbed at Woodville in the library. It was good, but I didn't have any classes. I just sat there making sure everyone who came in was being good pretty much. I was asked by three different people if I could sub this week. I had to sadly say no. I explained that I was still at CVS, but starting January, I was going to be able to sub anytime. So everyone there knows that now, and hopefully I will get a lot of work. If not, I still have two other schools to count on. I talked to a sub who has been subbing at Woodville for a long time. She gave me a few good pointers that I plan to use. I am so ready for that to start, but so nervous to tell Boss.
No comments:
Post a Comment