1/17/2010

Coming Back Down

Wednesday was the last day that I blogged, and I just did Random Dozen. We received some sad news Wednesday evening.

My great-grandmother passed away. She has been sick for a really long time. About two weeks ago she took a turn for the worse. She stopped eating, drinking, and responding to anything. She went ten days without anything. She quietly and peacefully drifted off to Heaven. The funeral was Saturday, and just by seeing the people there you knew how great of a person she was. She had nine children. One of them being my wonderful grandmother. Nineteen grandchildren. One of them being my terrific mother. Thirty great-grandchildren. One of them being me. Nine great-great-grandchildren. Pretty much the whole chapel consisted of family. Someone did a count, and counting everyone I listed, and spouses, there are about ninety in the family. 

I remember going to her house when I was little with my grandma. She would always turn on the t.v., get us a blanket to sit on because she didn't want us to sit on the carpet. She would ask us if we wanted anything to drink, or a snack cake. She would talk about the characters on the t.v. (we watched Gulla-Gulla Island on Nick) and how silly they were. We were little, so we liked it. I think I was about seven or eight. She had a dog named Buttons. I can't remember what kind it was. I have not been to her house in a long time, but it's just knowing that someone that was there for so long, isn't there anymore is a sad feeling.

I have been tagged to do seven random facts about me, and I promise I will get to that. I have to think of some randomness. As for everything else, things are going about the same. I subbed at Paint Rock Valley Wednesday. It was high school, but I still enjoyed it. I am starting to adjust to everything, and starting to like it. I saw my buddy Thursday at a gas station. He wants me to go back to CVS, and I refuse haha. That is probably the part I miss the most is chatting with the vendors. The Pepsi guys were my faves haha. One I have known of since I was little, the other I got to know, and the rep I learned was the dad of a girl my brother went to school with. Small world sometimes.

Terrance Cody is coming to the mall today, so I think I am going to see him. Put on my Tide gear =)
Colts won their game last night, so they are moving on. One step closer to going to the Super Bowl!! But also one step closer to being finished with football for months. Blah!!

1 comment:

britts busy days said...

Hey! I'm so sorry about the lose of your great-grandmother!