For our math class we have a book that is not a big published book. One of the instructor's at Athens wrote the book, and gave it up to a small publishing company. The agreement was that all EL 324 (Teaching Math in Primary Grades) students had free access to the book. So, go print the book for yourself right? Easier said, than done! The whole book, credits and all, takes up a whole five inch.....yes, 5".....binder. First of all, a five inch binder all to itself is about ten dollars, and the paper and ink to print the book....there is no telling.
One of my Northeast friends, who is the same major as me, took this class with the same person last year. So I call her up after class, and ask her if she still has it. She asks if I need it. I say yes. She says where are you at. I tell her Rainsville. She says come on down and get it. She lives in Fort Payne, so I think, it will be easier to go get it now since I have over halfway there anyways. So I head that way.
While there, she gets a phone call from someone she doesn't know. When she answers, it is a recording. The recording was from Northeast's weather thing that they have letting the students at Northeast know that Jackson County was under a tornado warning. What?? It was sunny, and warm. Where did this storm come from?? I start freaking out knowing that my brothers were home by themselves. We turned on the weather, and the way they were talking it was headed for my area.
Not much longer, my uncle calls to see if I was at home. I tell him no, but the bros are. He says that they need to go over to my grandmother's (brick house) for a while. So I ask if I need to head home before it gets there, or stay in Fort Payne. It is smarter to stay. I call Trav, and he is ahead of the game. He is already at my grandmother's house. Problem though, it was locked, and no key. Now What? He tells me dad is calling him, so I hang up. So end of story, the storm ended up going above us, and all is calm at my house.
The pictures and videos are amazing of the tornado.
Something exciting is happening on Saturday. Rolando McClain is coming to the mall. Last Sunday, Terrance Cody came, but the line was all around the mall, so I didn't get a signature. I did see him up close as I was passing, and boy that guy is big! The one stands at 6'5" and weighs in around 350 pounds. McClain is going to the NFL this year, so last season was his last. Roy Upchurch will follow him on Sunday at the mall. I plan to go early enough to see Rolando, but as I said in the beginning, getting up has been hard for me to do this week!
I still have not done the random seven about me, and I still promise I will get to that!

No comments:
Post a Comment