Happy Mother's Day to all the blog mother's that I follow! I hope you had an amazing weekend. Our weekend was great. We bought my mom a really good card of course, and a $25 giftcard to Applebee's!! She has only been once, so she needs to go again =)
For my grandmother, we bought KFC, cooked baked beans, and my uncle cooked fried potatoes. YUM! My mom also did her famous Banana Pudding. NO ONE makes Banana Pudding like my mom!! It is great. We got my grandmother a card, and a birdhouse that looks like a small house, or shop, that says "The Gardener's Shed." It was really cute, and she loved it! I always love going to her house. She kept my brothers, cousins, and I while our parents worked. That is how we got so close, and we still love going to her house.
For my dad's mom, we bought her a really pretty pot of red tulips. They are not like ordinary tulips, they are a different kind that were so pretty. We went over to their house to visit for a few minutes. They haven't been around until about 7 years ago. They lived in Florida until then.
6 years ago today I lost someone very special in my life. What made it even worse, it was the during the night of Mother's Day. He had been sick for a while, and didn't go to the doctor. Unfortunately, he was so sick on Mother's Day, that we didn't get to see him, or say "See you later." 6 years, and it still hurts. Still doesn't make sense. But I know there is a purpose. My Grandpa (Paw) is missed everyday. Certain things we say or do reminds us of him. My little brother is just like him, which I absolutely love. It is hard for my grandma and mom on Mother's Day because they are reminded of the loss in our family.
I hope everyone has a great week! I get my new phone today and I'm super excited! FedEx can't get here fast enough!!
2 comments:
Belated mothers day to you too Heather! I jumped to your profile from Heather Qinn's :)
Well, I'm not a mom lol! The pictures on my profile are my brothers. One is 19 and one is 8. Welcome to my blog!
Post a Comment