Happy Friday! Hope everyone has a great weekend.. This week has been so busy, so I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Today at Kelly's Korner she is doing Show Us Your Life, our favorite books. This is the first time for me to participate! I loved a few select books as a child, and have loved two books in high school.
This book is so cute. Lilly love's school, and gets a new purple plastic purse that she wants to share at show-and-tell. The excitement gets to her, and gets her purse out before time. The teacher takes it up, and Lilly gets upset. She eventually gets her purse back, but it is really cute to read to little girls.
My mom read this book to me so much that it fell apart!! I haven't been able to find it anywhere either. The family are going to their grandmother's house, and the boy is being a slowpoke. It is funny.
Mom said she had to read this book to me every night for the longest time!! This book fell apart too, but we bought a new one for Chad to read, and he likes it too!
When I got older, I didn't like reading as much. In high school, I was required to read. Required reading sucks for me. But two books that were required reads actually stuck with me, and I wanted to continue reading them.
This is about a man who loses his wife, and three weeks later eloping with a woman he barely knows. This of course sparks gossip in the small town of Cold Sassy, and leaving a young boy caught between it all. If you haven't read this, you should!
This is a well known book to everyone. It is set in a small town in Alabama during the depression. A father defends a black man who is being accused of rape. The story is wonderful, and told by Scout, the father's daughter.
Don't forget to check out Kelly's blog and link up!





2 comments:
Great list! I am going to have to check some of these out for my nephews. Hope you have a wonderful week!
For sure! The slowpoke one I bet they would really like! I hope you have a great week also! Thanks for checking out my blog!
Post a Comment