10/24/2010

A Busy, Random, Quick Update!

Whoa where has October gone??? Seriously already behind us. In the past. Buh-bye. Gone! It has been stressful, heartbreaking, fun, and extremely busy. So a weekly recap of what's been happenin'.

The first full week of October, I was only scheduled to work three days! Boy was I excited! But wasn't sure what to do. My younger brother, who is in the 3rd grade, was out on his 4-day weekend that they call a "fall break." My other brother all of a sudden decides to take a weekend trip to the Smokies! So my family and I headed out. We did so many fun activities. On Friday, we drove up, went to the space needle, walked the strip, and went to the Ripley's Aquarium. Saturday, we headed to Cades Cove. Found a water fall called Abram's Falls that we decided we wanted to walk to. That was the worst walk I have ever done! It was on ridges, rocky, slick, and so steep. After that, we went to eat, watched the Alabama game, went to Ripley's Believe It or Not, World Records, and Wax Museum. Walked the strip some more, and bought some fudge. Yum! Sunday we headed back home, but we went the scenic route. Up through Cherokee, North Carolina. It was really pretty! I'll share a few pics:

















On the second full week, I worked a lot! I also went to a concert on Saturday! Sadly, I forgot my camera that night, so no pictures. I saw the Goo Goo Dolls!! They were amazing! I have liked their music ever since I can remember, and it was part of my "to-do" list to go to one of their concerts. I want to go to another one! It was awesome.

On the third full week, I started the best part of college....Field Experience Observation! I was told to go to a city elementary school. It is a big school, only housing kindergarten through 4th grade. I did three days that week with kindergarten. It was a lot of fun, and I learned so much. The teacher that I'm with is married to a Pharmacist that I work with! It was comfortable to be with someone I know. I am assigned to do 9 days total, so I have 6 more to go.

This week is going to be crazy busy. I go to school 3 days, work 3 days, and it is little man's 9th birthday!! Busy, but oh so awesome week ahead!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's been a busy month for you! Your pictures are great -- aren't the Smokies beautiful?? I LOVE the hike to Abram's Falls, though. There are a lot of pretty waterfalls up that way -- did y'all get to go to any others?

And I'm jealous of your concert!! I bet you had a ball :)

Good luck with your field experience! I know that has to be exciting for you!

Heather said...

The Smokies are amazing! Abram's Falls was the only one we had time for, and I think that is the only one physically we could handle in one day! We were exhausted! I want to go to more though. The concert was so awesome! I'm still kicking myself for leaving my camera at home!! Thanks for the luck! So far it has been great!