4/19/2011

Something New

I am continuing the countdown to the end of this semester! I am also about to start working on a new countdown. But first, I'll need help from my computer genius brother. It will be posted on here though!

So, back to the countdown. I currently have..........

2 weeks!!

Yep! 2 more busy, dragging weeks of school. The best part is that after the 2 weeks are over, I have one more academic semester to go. Wow. That sounds super weird! It will sound even more strange this coming December when I say...."I intern in a month." It is all part of time! I can't even believe that 4 years ago this May I graduated high school. What have I done the past 4 years???

Class was canceled for us today. So mom and I had a day in the Boro. I went by work to pick up my pay check, and saw everyone. I love my co-workers. They are the best group of people that I have ever worked with. I have worked a job ever since I was 16 years old. I have done a handful of different jobs. Worked with different people. But the "Big C" group is by far the best. I'm not sure if they know that :)

So for a few weeks, I have been wanting to work a something that every girl wants to work on this time of year. Their body.

First of all, I want to say that I don't like my body, but I am content with what the scale says. I have lost a lot of weight since September, while gaining a tad bit back here lately. So the scale and I, we have become pretty good friends ha! That is definitely something that most girls are not cool with. I have tried a bazillion times to stick to a "workout plan" from magazines that I get in the mail that I absolutely love. For some reason, I can't stick to those. I thought about joining a gym that I tan at, but I really don't wanna go by myself. And let's face it, I'm not a "friend-like" gal. In more clearer terms, I'm not the type of girl to have a ton of girl friends to go out with and do things with. I'm not sure why, I'm just not that way. I have had girls that wanted to be best buds with me before, but I just never did care to be buddy-buddy with anyone.

ANYWAYS, totally of subject! So, I don't want to go to a gym by myself all the time. Also, I don't get off work until 6:00 p.m., and who wants to go to the gym right after work and not get home until 7:30 or so?? Not I. So I'm doing some shopping. DVD, equipment, and whatever else there is involved in order to "get fit."

I know that I will be walking some. I like walking by myself sometimes. Turning on my mp3 and walking, just relaxing a bit and clearing my mind. And other times, I like for someone to go with me. Talk about things or compare what we are listening to.

Last week, I noticed that I had been taking my time eating. I only eat what I fix on my plate, and don't get 2nds. I stop when I'm full. That in turn makes me wake up hungry. So, I'm thinking that if I eat light throughout the day, and eat dinner with my parents (whatever they fix) then I could notice a bigger difference than just slowing down my portions. So, today I bought some lunch fixings for me to take to work instead of buying lunch everyday.....Not only will this help me physically, but it will help on my budget :)
I also bought some 100-calorie snacks to take to work, oatmeal, and something that I'm going to try: Carnation Instant Breakfast. I am not a breakfast person at all. It is my least favorite thing to eat unless it is pancakes or waffles. So I'm going to try this drink and see if it is good.

I am hoping to find some DVDs or something to use to workout. I hope with that, watching my food, and reading my magazines I'll be able to see some inches start shedding!! I'll write down when I start, what I eat and what workouts I do each day, and I'll blog about it :)

No comments: