8/17/2011

Standing Still

This week is going by super slow. It feels like time is standing still or barely ticking. I think it because I am looking forward to so much. I have so much to be excited about and to be thankful for. I'm so excited that everyone is starting school again. I love this time of year, and I'm trying to patiently wait for MY school to start back.....a week later than everyone else's.

Monday was just not my day. As you read from this post I had a pretty busy weekend. My stress tolerance is about a 2 on a scale of 1-10. Monday, I caved. I woke up tired, not feeling good, and just blah. I tried to fight it: Fixed my coffee, put down my windows, and headed to work. By the time I got there, I was on the verge of tears. Everyone noticed that I wasn't my normal self, and my boss...whom I was working with that day....told me if I needed to I could go home because he knew I didn't feel like being there. Yes, that is how awesome my boss is. So once all the other techs had their lunch, I told him I was gonna go ahead and go home. I almost didn't make it out the door before my eyes started watering. I came home and relaxed. That was it. Apparently, since I didn't have a "wind down" day, I just couldn't function right.

Tuesday and today were about the same. We are busy at work, and getting behind on our daily "chores." This weekend is going to be bad at the C. One tech is getting married, one tech is the mother of the son that the tech is marrying, one tech is decorating for the wedding, and I will be having my wisdom teeth taken out Friday. So I will be out of it this weekend. Talk about being "short handed."

I'm counting down the days until Monday! I am going to Athens to buy books, and I get to officially start my FINAL academic semester. I am so excited, and can't wait to see how it's going to be. I will be taking:

Teaching Social Studies
Teaching Math in Intermediate Grades
Teaching Reading in Intermediate Grades
Curriculum Seminar in Elementary Education

I'm also counting down the days until this......



September 30th!!

No comments: