Last week, I taught my unit for my school work. I did what I could since we had a crazy week! Here's how it started.....
Monday, we were delayed 3 hours due to flooding from a storm system that had came through Sunday night. We did what we could, and got through the rest of the day. Tuesday was the 100th day of school! Who doesn't do fun things on that day??? So we got some more work done that morning, and had fun activities the rest of the day. Wednesday, we got a full day of school in. We were able to catch up a little bit. Thursday, we were dismissed an hour early due to possible flooding from another rain system. Ugh!! As soon as I got home, it quit raining. So it was strictly done as a caution, but a waste of an hour in my opinion. Friday was test day. I wasn't very happy with the test scores, but my teacher explained real quick that it wasn't me. She explained that it was due to the week we had, and their scores fluctuate often. I'm hoping this week is better!
I still haven't typed any lesson plans.....booooo. I type out a daily agenda, I take notes on what I do everyday, and I have the lesson plan template saved. It's just a matter of putting my notes into the template. My first observation went very well. We are having a meeting this week to discuss his notes, as well as my teacher's notes on my teaching. I also submitted my first two assignments, and started my second set of assignments.
I am absolutely loving my new "job."
I love coming home when it's day light. I love having time to relax before bed. I love helping the kids. I love seeing the "light bulbs." I love their eagerness. I love it when they ask me for help. I love it when they correct me. I love explaining to them what "to do" and what "not to do." They are so fun and full of energy!
1 comment:
Teaching has been really fun for me as well. We didn't get delayed on Monday and I just knew we would get out early on Thursday because that morning it looked like it was going to be very stormy, but no we stayed until the end of the day- but like you said that afternoon the weather cleared up. I am glad you are enjoying the internship!
Post a Comment