1/22/2012

Internship (Week 2)

My brain is making siren noises, and screaming "Information Overload" today! There is so much to do to prepare for the coming weeks, and I just can't get into the groove. I want to do the work because I like planning and organizing, but I'm not with it. A lot of things have been going on here lately that I just don't want to blog about because I don't want to remember it. And that particular "thing" has me in a tizzy. I can't focus. I can't eat like I need to. I can't do what needs to be done because my brain just constantly thinks about that "thing". Luckily, it's wearing me out so bad that I am sleeping really good. That's about it though. I know in time that "thing" will become less and less of a thought, and I can get back on track.

Last week, I did about the same thing that I did during week one. The kids are super sweet and very active. We (teacher and I) constantly say "sit down" all day haha!! That's 2nd graders for ya! When we walk to the library, or any other time we in the hall, they have become my "2nd grade soldiers". The put "bubbles" in their mouths to keep them from talking, and walk stiff like soldiers to keep from touching each other or the walls. They like that haha. One of the girls colored a picture of Alice from Alice in Wonderland. When she finished, she brought it to me and said, "You can have it since Alice is your favorite." She's a gem!!

The class I have is mostly strugglers. I honestly believe that a teacher's gift comes out the best with a struggling student. When you see that child's light bulb come on, it is just amazing because they have a hard time understanding some concepts to begin with. When you see that what you said "clicked", it's so heart warming. I know the students will be just fine, and they will make it to the next grade. The students that are on average, they love to help everybody.

Starting tomorrow, I am completely in charge. My teacher even said that she would be out of the room some. I am excited. Nervous. Completely ready. I have all the work and tests prepared for this week. I have fun activities planned along side the usual routine. In the classroom, I am prepared. In my head, I am prepared. As far as my University, I am not prepared. I haven't typed one single lesson plan. I feel like I'm not in college anymore. I feel like all I have to do is make sure my classroom is ready, and I have everything prepared for my kids. That feeling is amazing. When I remember I still have assignments and such, I start to come off my teaching high.

Haha.

I know I will get it all together. Procrastinator is my middle name for crying out loud. I know the actual assignment isn't due for a few weeks. My first 2 assignments are due a week from today. Still. Not. Done. Haha. I work better under pressure I've realized.

I'm ready to face this week, and I know it will go by super fast. I don't wish my life away, but for my heart and mind, I hope time does go fast for a while. Until at least I'm over that "thing". Then it can go back to normal.

No comments: