It's been close to a month since my last recap. So much has happened, and continues to happen. It's funny how the closer you get to a goal, the more that you notice that "life" just happens and you become busier than you've ever been. I've always had goals...ever since I can remember. I've set little kiddie goals, teenage goals, and now I'm about to make my biggest, young adult goal ever. I absolutely love being on top of things as far as organization, details, and knowing everything off the top of my head. It takes a lot ya know. Sometimes, I don't see how I remember every little thing I'm supposed to do. How I remember things from work when I haven't been there in days, and how I remember due dates for assignments, meetings, and other important things for school. Our brains work in strange ways, and it amazes me.
Christmas break was, of course, way to fast. I didn't really get to enjoy it the way I wanted to. Our Christmas day was great. We opened gifts here that morning, rested for a couple hours, then headed to my grandma's house. We ate great breakfast food and desserts, opened presents, and laughed about things that had been happening. At my grandma's house, there is never a dull moment when the whole family gets together. My uncle from Clay, Alabama is hilarious. He is never serious, and when he is, it's usually not a good thing. My other uncle that lives across the street from me is more layed back, but when they get together, it's so funny. We laugh until we cry almost every get together we have.
My Christmas wish list consisted of nothing. I buy things for myself throughout the year, and would rather buy gifts for others than others buy for me. But of course, my amazing mother wanted to get me a few things. I had a stocking that had my favorite candy, Dove Peanut Butter.....which is hard to find in my area, a camera case that I needed, The Help DVD...I read the book and I love both. My cousin's wife bought me a Rue 21 gift card, and my grandma bought me a new Alabama yearly calendar, and gave money. I loved my gifts, but loved getting to see my family more.
The day after Christmas is when things started going downhill. I woke up feeling horrible. I went on to work, but could barely function. I thought it was a cold, and my boss sent me home around 3:30 that afternoon. Tuesday, I was scheduled to work, but went to the doctor instead. He gave me some medicine, and a shot. I came home, and layed on the couch. Didn't move at all other than to go to the bathroom. At this point, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I was exhausted, but had been resting and sleeping for hours at a time. I slept all night, and dozed off and on all day. Wednesday, I get up and go to work. I only stayed until 12:30 to make sure everyone got a lunch break. Again, I'm exhausted, and can't hold my head up. Thursday, I go to work again, but only stay until 11:40. Yeah, crappy. I layed on the couch all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Slept sooo much, and was absolutely drained. Saturday night, I watched a little bit of the New Year's Eve specials. Coldplay had a special on, and I listened to them on the TV. It was awesome. So I spent New Year's Eve wrapped up on the couch. Sunday, my breathing started getting shallow. It was getting harder to breathe too. My parents took me to the hospital. I got two shots, a chest x-ray, and medicine. They ruled it a very severe sinus infection. Really? If that was all it was, my first antibiotic would have worked. I did the same thing on Monday.
Tuesday was Teacher Work Day for the school I was assigned to for Internship. I was encouraged to go, but I had so much to do. I was feeling some better, and so I tried to tackle Wal-Mart. That was a big. Huge. Mistake. I was exhausted in about an hour. I got what I needed for the first day of internship, and was ready to go. I came home and rested up. Wednesday started my first day of Internship. We have to go 75 consecutive days. I'm in 2nd grade, and have loved being there the past 3 days. I love being there, love coming home before dark, love not having any homework, and love the people I'm with at the school. They are so helpful and friendly. I definitely could get used to this new "job" of mine. Yes, I'm so freakin' tired everyday, but I haven't even took the time to completely get well. I know I will adjust and get back on track with sleep!
This week starts my first full week, and I will be taking some responsibility of the classroom. The kids seem to like me pretty well so far. They are always telling me things about them, and asking me tons of questions. I feel like I've learned so much in the 3 days I've been there. I know I'll learn much, much more in the next few weeks. I can't wait to start teaching, and take full responsibility of the classroom. I just hope I don't disappoint!!
I hope to take a lot of notes, pictures, and memories away from this final step to getting my degree. It still hasn't sank in that I am almost there. I've wanted this for so long. What will my next goal be?? What will I do with myself when I finish??
1 comment:
Christmas flew by for me too. I am sorry you were so sick, that ruins everything :( I hope you have fun student teaching, I can't wait to read all about it! :)
Post a Comment