This was my first full-functioning week in 4th grade. I was finally able to see how things roll in this classroom. I love the class I'm in. At the school I'm at, there are four 4th grade units. Two pair up and teach a certain thing, and the other two pair up and do the same. My pair are really fun. The room I'm in teaches English and Reading two times a day. Once to her homeroom, and once to her partner's class. Then, our homeroom gets Math and Science from her partner. Each teacher is responsible for Alabama History for their homeroom class. I like that set up. I like that I was placed with English and Reading because those two subjects are my favorite.
Their schedules are so crazy though!! Here we go......
Mondays: I see homeroom kids for 30 minutes when they first get in. We switch classes, and I spend 2 hours with the other class which I call "his kids". Our partner teacher is a male. Anyway, then we switch back, and I get my kids back for an hour and a half before lunch. When we get back from lunch, I get them for another hour. When they come back from specials, it's time to go.
Tuesdays: The morning schedule is the same, switching and everything. But when we come back from lunch, I get my kids for another hour and a half.
Wednesdays: This is by far the wildest day I've ever seen in school. The morning schedule is the same. When we come back from lunch, I don't see the kids at all until it's time to go. Computer lab, Counseling, and the regular schedule of P.E. at the end of the day. So, we are child-free from two hours. Strange.
Thursdays: Exact same schedule as Tuesday. These two days are the only days we can fit in any Alabama History. For two days a week of teaching History, she does a great job and keeps the kids on the same page. They are not behind or anything, they are right on task.
Fridays: Test days as usual and free time.
I start teaching this week. I have been working on plans all weekend, and I'm pretty excited about getting started. Part of me wonders if I'm gonna end up liking the big kids better than the little kids, or will I stick to the little ones. I've always said that I would rather teach the little ones. I just don't know if I could handle the big ones. I WILL teach it if I have to, no doubt!!
As of right now, I'll be teaching for two weeks. The third week is Spring Break (Yay). And I'll teach the first week of April. If nothing happens, my last day of internship will be April 25th!!
1 comment:
I'm jealous of being kid-free for 2 hours! What a blessing! Good luck with your teaching. I'm sure you'll do great :)
Post a Comment