These two weeks were pretty slow, so this is going to be a short post. Week 7 was split in half. I finished up 2nd grade, and transitioned into 4th grade. Week 8 was the first full week of 4th grade. It was crazy! The half of the week I was in 4th grade was an absolute chaos to me. We went on a field trip on that Friday to the Symphony in Huntsville. I enjoyed it, but some of the kids got a little impatient. They are 10 for crying out loud :)
The full week, week 8, was a little bit crazy too. Monday was a full, on task day. Tuesday, I woke up with a stomach virus. Ew. So I didn't go to school that day. Let me just note that this stomach virus makes virus number 2 for the YEAR. Yes, I've caught 2 viruses this year, and it's just the beginning of March. Wednesday, the way the school has our students' schedules set up, we only have "class" half the day. From 11:30 to 12 is lunch, from 12 to 1 is computer lab, 1 to 1:30 is Counseling, and 1:30 to 2 is P.E. So, they are only in the classroom for half the day. Thursday as a full day. Friday was Dr. Suess's birthday. But, our day was cut short due to severe weather that was headed our way that afternoon, so we left at 11:30.
So, I have barely observed a full functional school day in 4th grade! I'm hoping this coming week is better. As of right now, we are planning on me teaching the next week. I'll teach for two weeks, then we will have spring break. A good way to wrap up my teaching is ending at spring break. We will see how it goes! \
No comments:
Post a Comment