5/20/2012

Post Grad

Last weekend was very eventful and lacking sleep. It was pretty amazing, and something I will never forget.

My weekend started on Thursday (May 10th) with me going to the school I interned at for the 4th grade field day. I stayed outside with the kids and teachers all day. The kids had a blast! I loved being there watching them and talking with my teacher. Afterwards, my friend Kaci wanted to take graduation pictures to promote her business. It was so much fun laughing and hanging out with her! She has only posted two pictures as a sneak peak, and is giving me the disk with all the pictures on it soon.





I can't wait to see the rest of them. She did some cap and gown ones too!

Friday, mom and I went shopping for her a new outfit for graduation. It was so much fun! We haven't been shopping just the two of us in forever! When we got back, my brother and I headed to Nashville for a concert! He bought tickets to see Halestorm, Staind, and Godsmack for my graduation gift! Talk about amazing! I took pictures, but you can't really tell anything about them because we were not on the floor or anything. I love Staind, and have always wanted to see them in action!

The concert ended around midnight, and we got home around 3 am. I got ready for bed, and fell asleep around 4:30. I got back up at 5:30 to get ready to drive to Athens. We left around 6:30 because I had to be there at 8. Graduation was wonderful. I cried....a lot....but I wasn't the only one. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with Cum Laude honors. Graduating college is something I've always wanted to do, and I finally did it. It is something to accomplish a long-term goal such as this. It is still a little unbelievable a week later!











My wonderful Grandma

My uncle :)

Candace came too!



**Happy dance**


The job hunt has started. Here where I live, it's not a good thing to be graduating with an Education degree. No one is retiring, and there are so many graduates looking for a teaching position. It's gonna be hard, but I'm not being picky about where I go for a job. I will take whatever I can get, and work my way to the position I want! 

As this chapter of my life comes to a close, I begin to wonder what is to come in the next chapter. I always think about the future. I like being in control of things, and knowing what's going to happen. It feels like I'm back in an open field with so many paths around me, and I'm waiting to find out which path is meant for me! I'm excited to see what's going to happen, and anxiously awaiting the results. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and good luck on the
job hunt.