I know what he likes to do. How he acts when he's nervous. His thoughts by his tone of voice when he talks. His little quirks that I may think are absolutely ridiculous.... like how sensitive he is about bug splatter..Yes, bug splatter. His germ issue, lol. The quirks and weird things about him I laugh at because it makes him, him. I've never met someone like him. I've never felt so important to someone. It's like I'm the only person in the world.
Sunday we went out on the river in his bass boat. He was fishing, and I was relaxing. We were having a great day. Later that afternoon, he pulls out some flowers from his rod cabinet. He knows I'm not a fan of flowers, so this was the first time he's ever gotten them. I was surprised, questioning why he bought them. While I was admiring the flowers, he proceeds to get down on his knee. When I look at him, he is getting a little box out also. He asked, I said yes. I was totally surprised. I had no idea he was going to propose that day. Yes, he asked if I seen us together for the rest of our lives, and we looked at rings a while back. But I never knew when or if he was going to ask. He told me he wanted it to be a surprise. Well, it was.
Now we are in the process of planning our wedding. The day we start our new life. My mom is right by my side and I know she will be the whole time. It is sad to think about leaving, but at the same time, I'm excited to be starting a new journey with someone whom I love so much. I know that I will still see my family often, and talk to my mom everyday. It is just something to think about going on your own with someone else.
We are excited, and I personally couldn't be happier!!



No comments:
Post a Comment