5/18/2013

End of the Year

In teacher world, the "end of the year" is May. In the real world, it's December of course. December is the halfway mark in teacher world.

It's been well over a month since I last blogged. So much has happened since then, I don't even know if I can remember it all. I can't believe that my time in the classroom is already over. It went by super fast, and I am going to miss every one of my "kids". They are off to intermediate school, and they are really excited about that.

We have 4 days left of school and those days are full of activities. We have awards day, auction day, a visit to the intermediate school, and going for a day of fun to the splash pad. We completed field day, and my class came in third place in two events. I was so proud of them for showing such great sportsmanship, and trying their hardest during competitions.

I haven't heard anything about next year, but hopefully I will soon. I'm hoping I can stay there and teach 4th grade for a full year instead of half the year. If not, I will be applying at different schools and hope I get a teaching job somewhere.

The wedding details are coming together. We have engagement pictures done, and I have my dress ordered. We are spending most of our time working on our house. Remodeling is a pain, but in the end it will be worth it. I feel like we are on the right path on starting out our lives together. I'm not wanting a huge, expensive wedding, and our house isn't expensive either. After we are settled and on our feet really good, we will start discussing building a house. I like that we are starting out small and inexpensive.

I'm really excited about marrying him and starting a new life with him. 70 days until "I do"!!

No comments: