Last night was a night that my family and I (minus Chad) had been waiting for all football season. The BCS National Championship. The reason I put in minus Chad is, he says he will never say Roll Tide and mean it. He goes for every team that is against Alabama. He also has a few Auburn shirts.....I tell him he will come to his senses on day =)
Alabama, on paper had a great season. They didn't play great every game. They had their days where they just were not up to par. But they managed to pull a win. Take Tennessee....We were about to lose that game by a few points until "Mount Cody" put his hand in the way of that kick and said, "Not in my house!" It took the boys some time to warm up sometimes. They would be playing however, and then third quarter came, and you could see the "team" again. They played some awesome ball this season. Put fans on the edge of their seats, and gave us high blood pressure! All in all, it was an awesome season to watch, and I'm glad I got to see it!
Last night was a little unfortunate though. Texas quarterback, Colt McCoy was hurt in the first quarter. I wish he would have gotten to play in his last game as a Longhorn, and in the championship. His backup had a rough start, but finally started to figure it out and perform. He was a Freshman, who had not played even one minute of a college football game yet. He looked terrified at times! He got frustrated, and I couldn't help but feel bad for him. He was not ready for this, and he had no idea it was going to happen. He had not prepared for his first game to be the National Championship!!
I was so glad we pulled the win. We ordered our championship gear last night, and should be in next week. I hate that college ball is over for months. Now it is time to see the playoffs in the NFL. Super Bowl is February 7, then football is over. Sad!! Football is my favorite. I'm ready to see some playoffs. Go Colts!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment