The mountain finally thawed just enough for us to manage to get down it and into town. We have been "trapped" since Thursday. My dad managed to make it to and from work both Thursday and Friday. He is such a dare devil. But the rest of us stayed here. We were to afraid of putting a car in a ditch. There are still lots of ice patches around, and parts of the side of the mountain was still solid ice.
I guess everyone had the same idea we did in the small town of Scottsboro. Wal-Mart was so freakin' crowded!! It got on my nerves so bad. It got on all of our nerves. The Wal-Mart in Hampton Cove is no where near that crowded when we go. I had to get art supplies for my art class that is meeting on Tuesday. This class is for school, and I can already tell I will probably not like it. We have to paint, draw, and play a Recorder. I'm nervous about it! But I keep thinking, I'm not the only one that will be playing it and making myself look stupid. Everyone will probably be embarrassed to play it.
I finally got a wall charger for my phone. Just in time for schools to start calling me for work. I was getting nervous about it dying all the time and not staying on. I picked up my last paycheck from CVS today. Felt good! Lisa, one of the shifts, asked me if I was happy and did I miss it. I was like yes I am, and no I don't! I am glad to be away from the stress of that place.
They are saying the temps are supposed to warm up a little on in the week. I like snow, but this bitter cold and ice has got to go. Can't wait to see some warm ups and sunshine!!
No comments:
Post a Comment