3/05/2010

Jackpot

Today went well at Athens for the psychology test. I passed with a B! I studied more this time than last, so I was sure I would do better. I am a terrible test taker. I freak out, can't stay concentrated long enough to study really good. When I get the test in my hand, I go blank. This time I did something a little different. I did the study guide like always, but instead of trying to remember all the information, I highlighted main information and tried to tie the information in with the question. I tried to make a connection with some of it. I hope that is what made the difference. Maybe that will happen all the time! I also considered doing note cards....This idea I have known since high school, but didn't actually think of the easiness of it until yesterday.

The class I'm in requires discussion board. We are talking about intelligence and memory. One of the topics for discussion was what strategies we used for studying or remembering something. A lot said using a study guide, reading it over and over, and saying it out loud. One student said she wrote the question on the front of the note card, and the answer on the back, that way she wasn't looking away to find the answer, or having to relate back to the question. Can anyone say Genius!!! I might just use that next time since our tests cover three and four chapters.

Also, I recently decided that I am getting tired of receiving bills in the mail. It is taking up space since I try not to throw away those just in case something happens. One bill in particular, I signed up for paperless billing. For one, it saves trees, and another, I can simply put the emailed receipt into a folder, and only print it when I need it. Okay, so anyways, today I had an email from them that had a free movie ticket for going paperless. How awesome is that?? Going paperless might give you a reward!

Better believe I am using that tomorrow to go see the awesome and exciting Alice In Wonderland!! I have been waiting for March 5th to get here for months just for this movie to premiere! So tomorrow, I have a very important date, I can't be late!!!

1 comment:

Haley said...

Hi! I just found your blog through Kelly's Korner! It caught my eye cause I will soon be an elementary education student as well. Check out my blog and hopefully we can soon become bloggy friends!!