1/31/2011

Rock and Worship

This past weekend flew by so fast. Actually, today flew by too! I wonder if that means February is going to be over in a flash? If so, spring is closer than I thought.

Saturday, I had asked off because Mark Ingram was coming to the mall for autographs. I should have researched before I asked off! The price for his "scribble" was out of my pay range. So instead, I needed to do some work for school. I decided to take my little brother with me because I had to go to the library. We also decided to get his haircut while we were out. After lunch, and all our running around, we came home for me to start on homework. Saturday was our "spring preview" day. It was so pretty and warm outside. I didn't spend much time out since I had so much work to catch up on. After a little work, I visited my new favorite website to browse!

Sunday was a day that I had been waiting to come for about 3 weeks. It was a normal day, breakfast with the family, laundry, and finishing homework. Then mom, Chad, and I headed to Huntsville to a concert that was beyond amazing. The Rock and Worship Roadshow made a stop in Huntsville. I was very excited that one of my favorite bands was going to perform. Out of the 6 bands, I knew 3. MercyMe, Jars of Clay, and The Afters, which is my favorite. Matt Maher and Anthem Lights were just as great. I definitely will be buying their music, as well as the others! The messages that these bands put out were wonderful. How they were feeling, as well as true stories that they were able to share. True, uplifting stories. The music messages were beautiful. Listening to that music would for sure bring someone's spirits up!! The one band I didn't mention was one that was no where near my taste, but a lot of people were there to see them, which was great. If I could have understood what Thousand Foot Krutch was saying, then I'm sure I would have loved their message as well!

So from all that, I guess you could say that today, I have felt much better than I have in a long time spirit wise. I am having a few other problems, but will be going to the doctor soon to figure out what is going on. Nothing serious I'm sure!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is going so well -- that Rock and Worship Roadshow sounds GREAT! Hope everything else is good when you go to the doc. Thinking of you, girlie :)

Heather said...

Thank you! I'll update on that when I can!

That was the first time I have been to the Rock and Worship Roadshow, and I for sure want to go again next year! MercyMe hosts it, and they select the bands to go on the road with them. They take requests on their website, then select from there. Pretty awesome!