4/19/2012

That's What I'm Doing These Days

I have gotten so behind on the whole Internship post and "journal" for myself. So I decided I'm close enough to the end of it to go back to normal, random updates of my boring life. Although, to me it hasn't been too boring here lately. I have so much to say, but can't find the words. So I'm gonna attempt it........

Internship--
                     Was amazing. It's hard to grasp the fact that I have put in 75 days of in-school service with both 2nd grade and 4th grade. It has been an unbelievable experience. I have had ups and downs with it due to the fact of the children, but I wouldn't trade them for the best performing and best behaving class. I loved the challenge. I have learned so much of what not to do, and what to do for my own class. It feels like a dream that I am finished. I'm so overwhelmed that it's over, and also overwhelmed of what to do next.....applications.

Alumni Conference--
                                     We were required to attend the Alumni Conference at Athens for credit hours and sessions. We had a blast. Sadly, I didn't take pictures of us. I have had a awesome friend going to Athens with me this year, and we added a new friend to our ride last week. I wish we would have found her sooner! She is a lot like me, and we had so much fun. We attended two sessions to help us in our classrooms. There were a few to choose from, but only two sessions for that day, so we chose wisely. We attended the Bullying session, and the Gifted Students session. We ate great lunch at Applebee's, and had a blast talking the whole way there and back.

Job Fair--
                    Today, we attended the job fair at Athens. We had a blast again. The only schools that were there that I was most interested in were Madison County, Madison City, and Franklin County TN. I made my Teach In Alabama application "public" for all the school systems to see. I will be visiting Scottsboro City, Jackson County, and Marshall County Boards to turn in applications and resumes. I hope to visit some particular schools too!!

Graduation--
                       Is only 23 days away. Wow. Where has the time gone? Didn't I just start at Athens? It's crazy!! I don't know when it will ever sink in that I am a college graduate, that I am applying for jobs, and that I finally will be able to do what I've always wanted to do. What I've always felt in my heart was what I was supposed to do. I can't wait to see that paper, and participate in commencement exercises with my buddies!


Pictures--

My tassel for graduation!!

Miss Hayleigh enjoying some curly fries!

This is Mr. Bentley Kyle! My oldest cousin's baby is on the way. We are hoping for him to make an appearance next week! My cousin is like my big brother, so I am extremely excited about him and his wife having a baby! My Grandma's first Great-Grandbaby!! Talk about spoiled :)

This is Tristin. He's pretty darn adorable.
 Not sure what's gonna happen, or where it will go, but I sure do enjoy his company :)


No comments: